- Carrier is operating without required interstate operating authority or registration.
- Broker using carriers (Moving Companies) that don't have operating authority.
- Carrier is operating without a valid process agent
- Carrier is operating without required insurance
- Carrier is operating without required trust fund or bond
- Trust fund or bond company is not solvent (49 CFR Part 387 Subpart C)
- Process agent is not responsive
- Broker or Moving company did not provide me with a copy of the "Your Rights And Responsibilities When You Move" pamphlet and the "Ready to Move" brochure.
- Moving company did not provide a written description of their complaint or inquiry process.
- Moving company did not prepare or provide an order for service.
- Moving company did not inform me of the availability of a neutral arbitration process.
- Moving company did not prepare or provide an itemized inventory of every box and unboxed item included in the shipment.
- Moving company did not prepare or provide a bill of lading.
- Moving company did not provide a concise, easy-to-read written (binding or non-binding) estimate of the charges.
- Moving company did not honor the form of payment specified in the estimate. (Example: the company agreed to payment by personal check in the estimate, but upon delivery they insisted on cash).
- Moving Company did not honor a binding estimate.
- Moving company requested more than 110% of a non-binding estimate at the time of delivery of the shipment.
- Estimated freight charges: $
- Total deposit paid prior to pickup: $
- Total freight charges requested at delivery: $
- Broker provided estimates that are much lower than actual charges from Moving Company.
- Moving company did not provide an opportunity for me to observe the weighing
- I asked the mover to re-weigh the shipment and they refused.
- Moving company would not adjust charges based on re-weighing of the shipment.
- Moving company did not deliver my goods or will not provide their location
- Number of days the shipment was held beyond delivery (enter Number or 'Unknown'):
- Amount requested from carrier in order to deliver shipment (enter Amount or 'Unknown'): $
- Value of the shipment (enter Value or 'Unknown'): $
|PICKUP AND DELIVERY|
- Auto Hauler did not notify me of a delay in picking up my goods.
- Moving company did not notify me of a delay in picking up my goods.
- Scheduled pickup date:
- Actual pickup date:
- I was not notified of a delay in the delivery of my goods
- Scheduled delivery date:
- Actual delivery date:
|LOSS AND DAMAGE|
- There were significant loss and/or damage to the contents of the shipment.
- Estimated amount of loss and damage: $
- Auto Hauler did not offer me a claim settlement.
- Moving Company did not offer me a claim settlement.
- Auto Hauler is not responding to a filed complaint or an inquiry.
- Moving Company is not responding to a filed complaint or an inquiry.
- Auto Hauler refuses to participate in the arbitration process.
- Moving Company refuses to participate in the arbitration process.
|OTHER COMMERCIAL COMPLAINTS|
- The company that contracted with me for this job has refused to pay for the services that we agreed to, and that I/my company performed
- The complaint involved improper insurance coverage for transportation of personal automobile, motorcycle, or machinery with combustible engines
- A laborer was needed to load or unload the shipment; the company did not provide this service or compensate me for it
- The company attempted to coerce or did coerce me into loading/unloading the shipment
- The shipper or receiver attempted to coerce or coerced the complainant into loading/unloading (lumping) the shipment
|OWNER OPERATOR – LEASING VIOLATIONS|
- Payment Period – Failure to remit payment to Owner Operator within 15 days after submission of delivery documents and other paperwork concerning a trip in the service of the authorized carrier
- Escrow Funds – Failure to remit payment to Owner Operator within 45 days after termination
- Copy of Rated Freight Bill – Failure to give the owner operator a copy of the rated freight bill
- Tariff or Other Document – Failure to permit the owner operator to view tariff or other document which rates and charges are computed
- Charge Back Items – Failure to permit owner operator to view documents which are necessary to determine validity of charges
|CONSUMER COMPLAINT(DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES)|
- False Advertising by a Mover (motor carrier)
- Household Goods Broker misrepresenting itself as a Mover. Website didn’t indicate Broker status nor did Broker mention it when arranging the move
- Auto Hauler Broker misrepresenting itself as a Mover. Website didn’t indicate Broker status nor did Broker mention it when arranging the transport
- Mover, in addition to valuation, sold or procured an insurance policy that was not genuine
- Mover demanded payment for services not provided
- Auto Hauler demanded payment for services not provided
- Broker failed to return the deposit when a move was cancelled within timeframe specified in their policy.
- Broker failed to provide a list of carriers (Moving Companies) they use on their website/advertisements.
- Theft from the Household Goods shipments
- Charging for services not provided
- False advertising
- Broker and Motor Carrier comingling finances
- Fraud involving credit cards
- Other fraudulent activity (explain)